Job opportunity – Impact Assessment Lead
Job position Title: Impact Assessment Lead for the Nourishing Schools Foundation
Job position type: Consultant
Location: Virtual/Remote work till November-2021, based out of Bangalore thereafter
Are you interested in leading an innovative and collaborative initiative for impact assessment in the social sector? Join us at Nourishing Schools Foundation in our mission to develop young changemakers who can take charge of their own nutrition and that of their communities.
To help tackle malnutrition, our Foundation’s approach is to provide a toolkit (a box of games and activities) that enables schools to involve children in tackling malnutrition. In collaboration with various partners, we collect data before and after rolling out the toolkit in schools, to assess the needs of our target groups and to monitor impact.
We have partnered with organizations such as Lend-A-Hand India, Swayam Shikshan Prayog and Farm2Food Foundation to roll out our programme in Maharashtra, Assam & Rajasthan, covering over 200 schools in India, reaching over 40,000 schoolchildren.
We are looking to develop new ways of managing, analyzing and sharing the data from our impact assessment work, so that we may share it with a wider audience. We believe that the insights from our impact assessment work can help inform the work in the sector. We want to make significant contributions to the knowledge and best practices in this space. We are looking for a passionate and experienced individual who can work with us to achieve this.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Update and manage the standard operating procedure for data collection, analysis and reporting
- Updating an impact framework – what do we collect data on, how do we collect it and why?
- Creating data visualizations and creating/co-authoring academic and non-academic impact assessment reports
- Monitoring data collection for the Nourishing Schools programme (implementation of baseline, midline and endline surveys), working closely with implementation partners to correct any errors in the data
- Training survey partners on data collection methods and survey processes
- Assistance with the rollout of the Nourishing Schools toolkit
- Prepare data-related content for proposals, reports and other relevant documents as required for existing and new grantors
- Work with other Foundation colleagues to involve the larger audience for the initiative
Reports To: CEO
What we look for in an ideal candidate:
We are looking for an exceptional individual with a passion for social change, preferably having experience in working for a business/corporate.
- 5+ years of experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Office products
- Proficiency in using data analysis and visualization tools such as R, SPSS, Tableau or Power BI
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong execution capabilities
- Attention to detail with strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities and creativity
- Ability to work collaboratively with people from different backgrounds
- Willingness to travel at least once a quarter (post-pandemic)
- Commitment to social change and strong ethical fibre
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Exposure to rural India is desirable but not necessary
- 1-2 years experience in nutrition or education is desirable but not necessary
Interested candidates can mail their resumes to email@example.com. Please mention your years of experience with using Microsoft Excel, Tableau and SPSS (if any).