Job opportunity – Communications Associate
Job position Title: Communications Associate for the Nourishing Schools Foundation
Job position type: Consultant
Location: Remote work
Are you interested in managing communications for an innovative and collaborative initiative in the social sector? Join us at Nourishing Schools Foundation in our mission to develop young changemakers who can take charge of their own and their communities’ nutrition.
To help tackle malnutrition, our Foundation’s approach is to provide a toolkit (a box of games and activities) that enables schools to involve children in tackling malnutrition. In collaboration with various partners, we collect data before and after rolling out the toolkit in schools, to assess the needs of our target groups and to monitor impact.
We have partnered with organizations such as Lend-A-Hand India, Swayam Shikshan Prayog and Farm2Food Foundation to roll out our programme in Maharashtra, Assam & Rajasthan, covering over 200 schools in India, reaching over 40,000 schoolchildren. We have also piloted our programme in 10 schools in Nigeria with UNFIRE.
We are looking to develop new ways of communicating insights from our toolkit, impact data, partnerships and operations with a wider audience. We want to make significant contributions to the knowledge and best practices in this space. We are looking for a passionate and skilled individual who can work with us to achieve this.
The consultant will develop internal and external materials that are consistently engaging and propel interest and action. The ideal candidate has exceptional writing skills, knowledge in graphic design and demonstrated curiosity and/or background in impact documentation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop high-impact content for social media that effectively informs and engages external audiences
- Design and prepare content/copy for reports, presentations, blog articles and other internal and external communication materials
- Assist in the development and implementation of impact reports
- Assist with media outreach and public relations
- Assist with preparing proposals and other relevant documents as required for existing and new grantors
- Work with other Foundation colleagues to spread and involve a larger audience with the initiative
Reports To: CEO
We seek candidates with relevant coursework and/or experience in Communications, Design, Web Development, Marketing, Information Design, Media Studies, Journalism or Literature.
- 0-1 years of experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Experience in producing, editing, and disseminating content for online audiences
- A sophisticated understanding of multimedia content, including how it can best be produced, packaged, published, and shared on websites, on social media and for partner organizations.
- Excellent command of English and highly developed writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of design software such as Canva is an asset
- Experience using advanced tools for online publishing, including content management systems and social media authoring tools like Hootsuite would be a bonus
- Commitment to social change and strong ethical fibre
Interested candidates can mail their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org